Investment 360 Index 202111th October 2021
Welcome to CIL’s fifth Investment 360 Index (I360). The I360 is based on a survey of business and investment professionals which took place in September 2021. The Index provides a snapshot of sentiment on several topics each year. Thank you to the 201 respondents who took part.
This year’s findings reveal:
- A sharp swing to the positive when it comes to short-term sentiment…
- …and continued (indeed slightly increased) confidence for the medium- to long-term outlook and in the investment environment
- A busy M&A market, caveated with the belief that it should calm down a bit in the coming months
- A strong seller’s market linked to the availability of investment capital, credit and pent-up demand
- Support for the Bank of England and an increase in confidence towards the Government
- Acknowledgement that taxes have to rise to help repair government finances – eventually
- On balance, there is an appetite for fiscal policy to remain supportive in the short term
- There is greater appetite for monetary policy to tighten in order to control credit markets which are viewed as too loose now.
We hope you find the results of interest.Download the full PDF version here