Mid-Market M&A Pulse Check 202112th April 2021
The Mid-Market M&A Pulse Check measures the heartbeat of M&A in the US and identifies trends in deal-activity and value creation over time.
2020 provided the global M&A community with a once in a lifetime shock, with many processes put on hold at the beginning of March. Investors have since regrouped and our findings paint a much more optimistic picture, with an M&A market in hyperdrive. While some economic uncertainty remains, our findings show a fiercely competitive market, with no signs of slowing down.
Our results reveal:
- A modest boost to the confidence of the M&A community resulting from Biden’s presidency
- High levels of M&A activity, with this only expected to increase over the next 12 months
- Strong quality of assets which is driving a seller’s advantage in valuations
- High competition for assets
- Excessively high valuations a building concern for investors
We hope you find the results of interest. If you would like to discuss any of the points raised in this report or discuss the trends we are seeing in the US M&A market, do get in touch.Download the full PDF version here